Thursday, March 26, 2009

Philadelphia Flyer

I think the general populace splits 50/50 on this issue, but I really do love flying. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this, by conducting your own non-scientific, non-random, double-blind survey.) Besides the fact that it’s a technological marvel every time a huge chuck of steel converts speed and lift into actual flight, I love the heavenly views of the clouds. It’s impossible to describe to someone who’s never seen it. These textured dollops of fluff seem to go one infinitely into the horizon.

Of course, there is the potential for things to go wrong. And, trust me, I’ve seen Planes, Trains, and Automobiles dozens of times. It’s a hilarious film that takes travel delays to the extreme. If you can see the comedy in these kinds of misfortunes, you’re one giant step ahead in the game.

I’ll share some of my favorite travel tips with you.
1) Laugh it off (see above)
2) Earn rewards miles! Don’t change your spending habits, just consolidate the method with which you pay for things.
3) Bring snacks. Cranky, hungry whiners make for poor travel companions.
4) Podcasts are interesting, educational, fun, and portable means to entertain yourself for hours.


I was going to add something about packing light, but the glaring hypocrisy was too much for me. That’s it from this Philadelphia hotel room. I'm talking with my current roommate, venting about our travels. Kelner, out.

No comments: